Getting an audience to come to your website isn’t simply about writing a blog post, publishing it and then hoping that people will find it. In order to cultivate a true audience, you need to think carefully about the types of content you publish that will be great for SEO.
We’ve listed five such pieces of content below to give you a helping hand:
1. InfographicsInfographics are great because people love to share them, and the more people share your infographic, the better it is for your website’s SEO. In fact, studies show people seem to share infographics up to three times more than other types of content.
2. Opinion postsVoicing an opinion can often make people feel strongly about what you write about, which in turn can cause them to share your blog post as well. Remember that an opinion piece should go further than simply a ‘rant'; it should give something valuable to your audience.
3. ‘How to’ blog posts'How to' blog posts are great because they often attract a curious crowd who want to learn something. If you can provide the answers to an important question, traffic won’t simply increase to your website, but you will begin to be seen as a thought leader in your industry, too.
Remember that the more thorough your explanations, and the higher the level of detail, the better it is for SEO and the more shareworthy the post becomes.
4. List postsListicles are easy to create and often appeal to audiences because they can be easily read and shared. Magazines have been writing list articles for decades and there’s a reason – they’re highly effective.
The more detailed the list post, the better it is for SEO, so don’t be afraid to provide a lot of content and create a long list.
5. E-booksEbook content can be great for SEO because you can draw readers back to your website through links within your ebook content. Because ebooks need to be downloaded, you can ask for the reader’s email address in exchange for it. Just make sure you are providing something of value so people know it’s a worthwhile download. 10,000 words is a good benchmark word count for an ebook.
Do you have any tips for types of content to drive SEO success? Let us know in the comments below! If you need any advice or help with your website and content or any other project get in touch with us